Thank you for your generosity.  Together we can make a difference!

Copyright © End of the Line Humanists | All Rights Reserved

beings@ELHumanists.org

End of the Line Humanists will be collecting food and funds for the Oak Park River Forest Food Pantry at our Holiday Social Gathering on Thursday, December 14 at 7:00 at Shanahan's Creole Restaurant, 7353 Madison St., Forest Park(details on the Events page here).  Below is a list of acceptable items.  You may gather items (from family and friends as well, if you wish) and bring them to the event that night.  However, money is actually the most effective donation, and a little goes a long way.  Each $1 in donated funds allows the Food Pantry to buy $10 worth of food from the regional food bank.  So for the retail price of a can of tuna to donate, the food pantry could buy 10-15 cans of tuna at the food bank with the cash.  We will have a collection box for the funds.  


Hunger Statistics:

  • 1 in 6 Americans do not have access to enough food
  • Over 50 millions Americans don't have dependable, consistent access to food due to limited money and resources
  • Over 30% of families who utilize OPRF Food Pantry have at least one working adult in the household
  • OPRF Food Pantry serves over 1,400 families each month from 12 Cook County zipcodes
  • Food donations account for 40% of the food that is distributed to clients.  The remaining  60% is purchased.
  • A $1 donation purchases $10 worth of food for OPRF Food Pantry from the regional food bank.


DONATE OTHER ITEMS


Cleaning Supplies


All Purpose Cleaner 

Dish Soap 

Laundry Detergent 

Window Cleaner


Baby Items


Baby Food 

Diapers 

Formula


Toiletry Items (full size preferred)  


Laundry Soap 

Moisturizer 

Razors 

Shampoo / Conditioner 

Shaving Cream 

Soap

Feminine Hygiene Products

Adult Diapers



ITEMS THE FOOD PANTRY CAN'T ACCEPT


Expired Items 

Homemade or home-canned foods 

Medications (prescriptions / over the counter) 

Open Items 

Products not in their original packaging


DONATE FOOD

(Non-Perishable Items)


Protein

Beans 

Beef Stew 

Peanut Butter 

Ravioli 

Tuna / Salmon


Grain

Cereal 

Pasta


Fruits and Vegetables 

Canned Fruit 

Canned Vegetables


Miscellaneous

Condiments 

Beverages / Coffee / Tea 

Jelly 

Macaroni and Cheese 

Pasta / Tomato Sauce 

Potatoes 

Rice 

Snacks 

Soup 

Tomatoes 


Specialty Items

Low Sodium

Gluten Free

Whole Wheat






ELH Food and Funds Drive

for the Oak Park River Forest Food Pantry